As James Brown used to say, “Take me to the bridge!”. Well, with the new dial-in audioconferencing feature in Microsoft’s Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Microsoft is happy to take us there. OCS provides a robust conferencing feature set, including:
- Persistent individual conference bridges for each user!
- Voice- driven menu prompts for quick conference join experience
- Streamlined conference scheduling through Outlook (with Conferencing Addin For Microsoft Outlook)
- Live Meeting 2007 Web conferencing integration, allowing PSTN attendees to join ad hoc meetings as well as those previously scheduled
- User Web portal with PIN reset functionality
In summary, Office Communications Server 2007 R2 provides a rich dial-in audio conferencing feature set with deep integration into other Microsoft Office products. Check out these screenshots: