The next version of Windows Azure Pack and cloud consistent private cloud was announced today at Ignite and was also showed last week at BUILD as Microsoft Azure Stack. If an enterprise or a service-provider wants to run the public Azure experience for its customers it can do-so using Azure Stack. This includes the opportunity to use the Microsoft Operations Management suite across the public and private experience, fully managing the hybrid cloud. This includes:
- Cloud consistent IaaS and PaaS
- Azure Portal consistent on-premise UI
- Simplified billing and charge-back
- Azure infrastructure cost savings through commodity
- Azure Resource Manager model consistency
- Azure management for cloud and on-premise
- Management of tenant as an administrator
The experience of Microsoft Azure Stack brings the capabilities of Azure to your private cloud, including a consistent Azure experience, along with the new Azure Portal that exists in the public Azure interface.
More to come!