Combining the power of FAST with the simplicity of SharePoint, FAST Search
for SharePoint delivers an exceptional intranet and people search experience and a platform for building custom search-driven applications. This will be a series of blog posts covering how to install FAST Search.
Quick Links to the Entire Guide
- Installing the FAST Prerequisites and Binaries
- Creating the XML File
- Configuring the FAST Admin Node
- Configuring the FAST Non-Admin Node
- Creating the FAST Search Content SSA
- Creating the FAST Search Query SSA
Before Getting Started
Before you get started setting up FAST Search for SharePoint 2010 there are a few things you must do first.
1. Create a domain account for running FAST Search. This account must have the following permissions:
- Must be a domain account
- Must be a local admin on the FAST machines
- Must have the SQL dbcreator and public roles
- Must be a Managed Account in SharePoint
2. There are a few software requirements to check as well.
- FAST search must be installed on Windows Server 2008 SP2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and fully updated
- FAST search should NOT be installed on the same server as SharePoint 2010
- Make sure you are using static IPs
- Configure the anti-virus so that it does NOT scan the files in FASTSearchbin*
- Enable PowerShell scripts to run. You can do so by opening PowerShell as the admin and entering the command: Set-Execution Policy RemoteSigned. Then enter Y for yes