1. Log onto your FAST admin node as the search account.
2. From the start menu right click on the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard and select run as administrator.
3. On the welcome page click next. Then select the Admin Server option and click next
4. On the next window you will be asked for your search account information. Make sure you type it as domainusername. This account must be a domain account
5. The next window will ask you for a certificate password. Make sure you keep track of this password, we will need it to install the non-admin nodes and also for installing some of the FAST certificates.
6. The next window is the server settings page. In the Server name field enter the fully qualified domain name of your FAST admin server. You can leave the base ports alone unless you want to change them. For the deployment file location add the xml file you created here
7. In the Database settings window add the fully qualified domain name of your SQL server. This name must match the name in your xml file as well. You can leave the Database name and port as the defaults unless you are using a different port for SQL access.
8. Click through relevancy stats are transferred from your SharePoint Farm to the FAST server. In order to ensure proper communication you will need to specify the SharePoint Farm admin account as domainusername here. If you do not wish to use click through relevancy you can select do not enable click-through relevancy.
9. On the next screen check your settings and click configure. Next you will see the screen below click finish then restart the server.
10. Now that the server has restarted we need to verify that everything is running. First, check your local groups to see that a group called FASTSearchAdministrators was created and that the FAST Search and Farm admin accounts have been added.
11. Now open the FAST search management console as the administrator and run the command: nctrl status. Once we have verified all services are running we are ready to configure the non-admin node.
Go back to Index