Az Module 2.0.0
The May release of the Az PowerShell module is version 2.0.0. This is a breaking change release where some parameters and cmdlets within the Az.Compute, Az.HDInsight, and Az.Storage have been changed.
In addition to general bug fixes, there are a couple specific new features including:
- Support for Azure Front Door service
- Proximity placement group support for VMs
- This is a feature in private preview that places VMs near each other to decrease latency between them
To update to the latest Az module, use the following PowerShell command. This will not remove the current version but will install the latest side-by-side with it.
Update-Module -Name Az
For more information, see the release notes as well as the breaking change guide.
Windows Admin Center 1904
Windows Admin Center received a significant update with the April 2019 release. The following features/improvements have been added:
- Power options - the ability to manage power profiles
- Active Directory (in preview) - this extension provides AD user, group, and computer management
- DNS (in preview) - this extension allows you to manage Windows DNS zones
- DHCP (in preview) - this extension includes the ability to manage DHCP scopes
- Azure File Sync (in preview) - this feature allows you to manage Azure File Sync configuration
Although some of the extensions noted above are in preview, this is a GA release.
For more information, see the release blog post.