OneDrive for Business is an enterprise driven personal cloud storage solution. It allows you to securely store, share, and access your files from anywhere. If you want to learn a little more about OneDrive for Business, Microsoft provides some great introductory resources. There are similar personal cloud solutions in the market today from providers like Box, Dropbox, and Google but none of those provide the deep Microsoft and overall Office 365 integration like OneDrive for Business. If you are not yet on OneDrive for Business, Microsoft just made the switch a little easier.
Microsoft is offering FREE OneDrive for Business for the remaining term of your existing contract with Box, Dropbox, or Google. There are some important things to know about this offer:
- Offer available February 6, 2018 through June 30, 2018 to commercial and Government Community Cloud (GCC) customers (excluding non-profit and Education)
- A minimum commitment of 500 users is needed
- A maximum of 3 years is available
- You must have an active paid contract with Box, Dropbox, or Google G-Suite with at least 2 months remaining and a minimum of 500 seats
- You are eligible if you have a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) or not, but eligibility changes slightly with details in the full offer terms
- FastTrack onboarding and adoption services are available along with the file migration services
- (File migration services are not supported from Dropbox)
- The full offer terms can be found here
Depending on your existing storage solution you will receive a specific a specific Microsoft product.
How to apply
Sign up for the offer here by filling out the form after you click the Contact Us button. (example image below)
Comparison of personal cloud storage options via Microsoft
To get a better understanding of the differences between these options, Microsoft put together a comparison chart that highlights some key areas for these solutions.
Are you ready to switch?
A switch like this is never easy. There are both technical and business challenge that need to be accounted for to have a successful rollout of OneDrive for Business. When looking at a switch like this, there is potentially more to look at within Office 365 that you will want to account for. There have been great strides in solutions like SharePoint and Teams that pair greatly together with OneDrive for Business for a better overall collaboration experience.
We at Concurrency have helped many enterprises make transitions like this. If you are ready to make the switch and would like to talk more about your options, please contact us today!